Who We area
The Mission of the Human Rights Alliance is to educate, engage, encourage and celebrate LGBT inclusion, pride and acceptance for all people.
The Human Rights Alliance was Founded in 1993 in response to the defeat of Senate Bill 91, civil rights legislation for lesbians and gay men. Rallying around the enthusiasm of our grassroots crusade, local activists joined together to create this non-profit organization whose primary goal was to end discrimination of all kinds. The Alliance seeks to build coalitions with groups who will work for the civil rights of all New Mexicans.
Communication is key to HRA’s success. The use of technology to keep the GLBT community and friends informed is an ongoing development. Our hits on the HRA website has exceeded 140,000 for Pride and hits increased by 48% for the Gayla. Our total hits will reach 1/2 a million next year. Your contribution ensures that we can remain dedicated to better keep you informed about the GLBT community.
- Build community through communication
- Respond to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender needs
- Pass human and civil rights legislation
- Honor and value diversity
- Build and nourish meaningful relationships with our allies
- Change people's hearts and minds about the GLBT community
- Communicate the with GLBT community of the Santa Fe area
- Increase participation, as well as implement, monitor and evaluate HRA programs